Friday, January 25, 2013

Nothing wrong with being single . . .

I have been here for six weeks now.  It's cold.  It is snowing.  People are nice.  My job is good and is sans the stress.  I can't complain.  I'm happy to be here.  I do wish I was a bit closer to my family who all reside on the west coast.  However, I am here and I feel as if being on the east coast is where I was meant to be.  I almost feel at home but I don't think that feeling in its totality will come to fruition until I move to Maryland.

I am almost settled in my apartment and I am definitely settled in at the gym.  Actually the gym is where I consider one of the most comfortable places to be.  I love the gym.  I love working out and morphing my body into something I can feel good about.  I know there are health benefits to working out but I am a visual person.  I want to be able to wear shorts and feel good about my legs. I want to be able to look at my mid section without seeing a muffin top.

When I first found out I was selected for my new position here I decided that my new life had just begun.  By this time I was already single but knew that I would have more time to myself.  I figured that being by myself would allow me to focus on some things I want to do without having to divide my time between the gym, music lessons, volunteering and a man.  I guess you could say that I prefer to do without the sticky trysts of being in a relationship and trying to "do me".  I do want love and all that goes with being in love with someone that is in love with me but I can't be the right girlfriend if I don't know who I am.  I'm not getting any younger and am going to be 41 in a couple of months.  Although I am aging I am, for the first time in my life, okay with being single.  Life is good for me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment