It's all or nothing. I'm giving only a fraction of what I am capable of. I'm holding back and keeping all of my innards for something I can't even name or describe. The one thing I love about myself is that I am passionate about love, being loved, helping others and food. Yeah, I threw food in there because it's the truth.
I've got one life and I have let people absorb a portion of it with no intentions of doing any good with it. Life is too short. I know, it's been said so many times it's become a cliche but it's true. It's never more evident until someone has died. Today I found that "Candy man" passed away and I became immediately sad. It's a real life reminder why I don't want to settle with a man just because everyone in my circle says I should. What if I don't want to date men anymore or at least for a while? It's usually the same old crap. What if I selected a job that truly made me happy but that didn't pay the kind of money to keep me shopping?
Basically I am trying to convey that life is short and I don't want to settle for things/people that don't truly speak to who I am as a person. Often I don't get what I put out because I believe that some of the people I have become acquainted with are takers. Takers are people who want nothing for others but want all for themselves. I have no time for takers.
No comments:
Post a Comment