Monday, October 1, 2012

Leaving an Impression



9-28-12
Today was the Admin Officer’s last day. I knew it was coming and thought I had prepared myself adequately.  However today she emailed a power point presentation to everyone.  The minute I heard the music my eyes welled up with tears.  I don’t want her to go and I know that seems selfish.  She made me feel as if I were capable of anything.  Even during those times when I questioned myself and the job I was doing.  Her encouraging words and selfless attitude were traits to emulate. 
This day has impressed upon me just how someone can affect another person without even knowing it.  I may be teary eyed right now but I know I will be just fine.  When I am frustrated with someone’s actions I will remember Gail and ask myself what she would do.  When I make a mistake I will remember Gail and forgive myself, correct the mistake and move on.  When I am feeling less than enthused I will still answer the phone with an upbeat vibe and do all that I can to help the caller.  When I am lost and can’t remember why I am here I will remember Gail and immediately know that I have a purpose and that purpose should be honored and not loathed.
I want to work at providing others with the same ray of sunshine just as she did to all of us.
Gail you will be missed terribly.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment